1. Identify the financial goal of a hotel or lodging property.
2. Identify the key difference between a revenue center and a cost center along with the areas belonging to each.
3. Identify the steps required to complete a night audit and the role of the night auditor in the process.
4. Identify the purpose of the occupancy percentage (OP), average daily rate (ADR), and revenue per available room (RevPAR) as key night audit calculations.
5. Explain the purpose of calculating the yield statistic each day and the reason for comparing it to the occupancy percentage.
6. Identify green practices which will reduce a hotel’s carbon footprint and also reduce operating costs.