1. Explain the role of security in protecting people and property during criminal, severe weather, and emergency situations.
2. Identify the security functions of providing reasonable care under the innkeepers laws requiring hotels to provide travelers with a safe haven at night.
3. Identify the roles of a hotel’s security officers and managers in protecting people and property.
4. Describe the role of security in maintaining control over both metal and electronic key systems for a property.
5. Identify the types of emergencies common during daily operations that are handled by the security team.
6. Identify the role of emergency preparedness to guarantee an emergency response plan is in place for a variety of potentially life-threatening emergency situations.