1. Identify the responsibilities of the front office and the front desk along with the role each plays with guests.
2. Explain the structure of the rooms division and the two departments assigned to the division.
3. Identify the categories under which the front office manager’s responsibilities fall.
4. Identify the job positions that report through the front office.
5. Identify the additional areas of responsibility typically performed by the front desk or front office employees.
6. Describe the key functions of the front desk operation and the nine steps of the registration cycle.
7. Identify the financial processes, and when each should occur, during the financial reporting cycle.
8. Explain the need for performance standards for front desk and front office employees.
9. Identify the types of room rate systems used by hotels.